The tick population is on the rise! With the rise in population, there has also been a rise in tick-borne diseases. It can even be difficult to determine if you are suffering from the diseases they carry because tick bite symptoms share many characteristics as flu symptoms.
Where Do Ticks Come From?
Ticks are unlike fleas because they do not jump on you. Ticks attach to people by waiting on grass blades and brushes with their legs sticking out, waiting for a host to brush by them so they can latch on. This means they can be in your lawn’s grass or in its shrubbery, so when you, your kids, or pets play in the yard they can bring back ticks with them! This is alarming because tick’s can carry several diseases that can be transferred to humans if they aren’t removed in time.
Tick Bite Diseases:
There are really four major categories of tick diseases, viral, bacterial, protozoan, and toxic:
- Lyme Disease
- Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever
- Relapsing fever
- Ehrlichiosis anaplasmosis
- Tick-borne meningoencephalitis
- Colorado tick fever
- Tick paralysis
Tick Bite Symptoms:
- Muscle or Joint Pain
- Altered Mental State
What If I’ve Already Been Bitten?
- Remove the tick immediately. Carefully using tweezers, grasp the tick near its head or mouth and then pull gently to remove the whole tick without crushing it.
- Keep the tick in a container. Keep it in your freezer so that your doctor can see the tick if you develop signs or symptoms of illness. This may help him determine the issue.
- Wash your hands Using soap and water, wash your hands and the area around the tick bite after handling the tick.
- Call your doctor if you aren’t able to completely remove the tick.
So what can you do to prevent ticks from being in your yard? There are several pest control options, but we recommend a natural solution that will kill the ticks without killing beneficial insects like butterflies that live in your yard, and (most importantly), causing harm to the pets and family you love. We recommend using Wondercide as the best option to prevent a tick infestation because it’s safe and powerful.I Want to Prevent Ticks Now