Adult fleas spend almost all of their time on an animal’s body. In order to know when to begin and end your flea-control efforts, treat your pet first with EVOLV™ Chemical Free Flea & Tick Spray, your home next with BioDefense™ Cheimcal Free Indoor Spray, and your yard or outdoor area Last with EcoTreat™ Chemical Free Outdoor Spray. You want to break the cycle and treat the problem, not the animal.NON-TOXIC CONTROLS INSIDE YOUR HOME
• Bathe dogs at least once a month. Use a natural, chemical free dog shampoo. It is not necessary to use shampoo with insecticide. Wondercide will soon release a product called AfterBath™ that can be added to the shampoo or put on the animal after a bath. There is no need to rinse off if used as an after bath treatment. It will provide immediate protection from all insects.
• Vacuum carpets, floors, and upholstered furniture frequently throughout the year. Vacuuming carpets picks up adult and egg-stage fleas, but is less effective at removing larvae. Clean cracks and crevices; or better still, seal permanently with caulk.
OUTSIDE YOUR HOME
• Treat outside with EcoTreat™, starting at the structure and move backwards. You want to spray the house (or building), the ground (concrete, grass, deck, etc.), the trees (as high as you can spray), all plant life, etc. Fleas tend to reside in Shady areas more than area in direct sunlight.
• Do not try to combat fleas by spraying around the perimeter of your house or spraying only part of your yard. That will only move them around to the untreated areas. You must cover all areas to create a barrier of re-entry. The aroma of Cedar is like Immonia to humans. Insect hate it and they will stay away!
• Check for wild animals like raccoons and opossums nesting under the house or porch. Dead animals can also be the source of a flea infestation. Treat nests under the house with EcoTreat™ as well.
• Many people think that cold weather will kill off Fleas, Ticks, Mosquitoes, etc. and for the most part, that just isn’t true. There has to be at least one HARD freeze and still, many species of insects have adapted egg layer cycles that lay dormant in the winter. They don’t die. You must control your environment year around or the spring and summer months will get worse every year.
• Use Wondercide EVOLV™ for Pets. It can be used on Nursing Mothers, Newborns, Cats, Dogs, Gerbils, Ferrets, Horses, etc. Safe for use on all Domestic and Exotic Animals. Why would you use anything else? Here are a few examples:
We Do NOT Recommend These Products:
They are known as “Prescription Spot Drops” and they are KNOWN to have serious Health risks, including death, to animals. The instructions for use clearly say: “WARNING. TOXIC TO HUMANS and DOMESTIC ANIMALS” right above the “DIRECTIONS FOR USE”.
Here are a few common Vet Prescribed Preventions: Again, They are ALL VERY TOXIC
• Fipronil (Frontline¨) and imidacloprid (Advantage¨) are applied to the skin of the animal in a small amount at one spot, usually at the base of the neck or between the shoulder blades. The insecticide spreads over the entire body of the pet and is effective for at least a month. These products have acute toxicity for mammals and can be irritating to eyes.They should not be ingested. Use gloves when applying them. Why? Because they are NEURO TOXINS to you and your Pet.
• Lufenuron (Program) is given orally to the animal. Fleas that ingest this chemical produce only a few viable eggs, and larvae from those eggs cannot mature. Because lufenuron accumulates in fat and crosses the placental barrier, do not treat pregnant, nursing, or very young animals.
• Insect growth regulators (IGRs) such as methoprene (Precor) and pyriproxyfen (Nylar) do not kill adult fleas, but break the flea reproduction cycle by preventing flea larvae from turning into adults. IGRs are sold in a variety of applications including spoton formulations and tablets for your animal. Some products combine IGRs with other pesticides. In general, products containing just IGRs pose the fewest risks. IGRs have low toxicity to mammals, but are toxic to some aquatic organisms; therefore, it’s best to limit the use of IGRs to indoor applications where the product won’t go down an indoor drain.
• Be aware of your pets regular sleeping spaces so you can focus cleaning efforts on those areas. Spray the areas with Wondercide EVOLV™ or BioDefense™ after you clean every time to ensure a Pest Free area.
• Use washable pet bedding that can be gathered up easily by the four corners and laundered frequently. Soapy water destroys all flea stages.
• Keep wild animals and rodents away from the house. Patch holes or cover them with screen (1/4″ hardware cloth) to prevent animals from getting in.
FOR YOUR ANIMAL
• Use BioDefense™ to treat carpets, upholstered furniture, and pet bedding. Spray it into cracks and crevices. There is no need to wear a mask, gloves or goggles. There is no wait time for re-entry. Use is often. Spray the active areas down after you clean every time, just like Febreeze. It not only smells good, it is protecting your home and your pets from all sorts of insects.
Look for tiny eggs and tiny, white, worm-like flea larvae on the floor, in rugs, in cracks and crevices, and anywhere pets rest or sleep. Larvae feed on dried blood excreted by adults.
If you don’t own a pet but still have fleas, it may be Animals nesting near your house like squirrels, opossums, rats, etc. that are the culprits. So, Treat your yard! After all, that is where insects come from